Friday, April 13, 2012

Challenge Eat Right - Day 5


This morning I got on the scale to see if all of this healthy eating was having any effect on my weight.  I admit I could stand to lose like 25 or 30 pounds.  Although my intent for my Challenge to Eat Right is more for health reasons than to specifically lose weight, I still figured it would help me drop a few pounds.  Well, get this, I've actually already lost 3 pounds.  Yippee... hooray... jumping for joy :)  I don't expect to lose weight this easily every week but this weight loss is definitely an added bonus!  

Today's Meals - 
  • Breakfast - Oatmeal with Raisins and Cinnamon
  • Lunch - Boiled Chicken, Organic Quinoa (grain) boiled in Organic Chicken Broth (instead of water), with pineapple slices, Water to drink
  • Snack - Spinach Salad with Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Chives & Vinaigrette Dressing, also a Handful of Raw Almonds
  • Dinner - Organic 2 Egg Omelette with Onions, Mushrooms, & Garlic Salt for seasoning
I've been researching foods that make you feel full.  Oatmeal, Almonds, Whole Grains and Spinach are a few that I came across that are supposed to help.  Tomorrow I will share in detail the entire list of foods I found for feeling full and the reasons why these foods make us feel full longer.  Today eating a few of them has helped me.  I don't find myself feeling as hungry in between meals.

Until next time,
Healthy eating!!!

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment