Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My First Food DILEMMA - Day 3

Tonight I will encounter my first real food dilemma.  My husband and I are attending a Charity Event at a large private residence in Palm Springs.  We are leaving our home at 3:00 in the afternoon to do some exploring around the city before the event starts.  In the car I will take a little bag of carrots and a Ziploc bag with a handful of raw almonds so I have a snack when I need it.  (Note - Raw Almonds are a good source of protein and fiber)

Events like this are not something we normally do, but tonight we are.  Food (dinner) and drinks are being served and I have to figure out how to not be rude and still balance my "eat right challenge".  I prefer to always eat what I prepare so I know exactly what I am eating, but in this case I will be attempting to be very very selective at what I choose to eat.  The drink choice will be easy, I will drink only water.  As for food, I can't exactly bring my own meal for their chef to prepare (I wish), but I am hopeful that they have healthy options, maybe vegetables and a green salad without dressing.  If I get lucky, maybe fresh fruit will be an option for dessert :)

The hardest part will be seeing a bunch of decadent desserts dripping with chocolate and foods that I love pass me by.  I'm pretty sure I will be salivating like a dog when I see any sweets.  I will need to say a prayer each time I see something I want to eat but I can't have.  I need to figure out how to teach myself that those foods only provide temporary pleasure, but in reality they give me long term pain (pain in terms of the way I feel and extra weight)  Eat Healthy = Feel Great vs. Eat Bad = Feel Bad.  


I need some major WILLPOWER tonight!  Lord, please help me stay strong and make smart choices when it comes to my eating, Amen.  Whatever happens, it will be hard, but I am determined to make smart choices, the best I can given the circumstances.

I will let you all know what I end up eating at this event.

Until next time...
Healthy eating!

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment