Friday, April 20, 2012

Date Night - Healthy Food Options

Last night my husband and I were talking about what we were going to do on Friday night (tonight).  For us Friday night is usually our date night.  We normally would go out to a nice dinner (usually sushi) and then we go see a movie and have movie snacks (like popcorn with an Icee and some Dibs ice cream - my favorite).  Since I have decided to do this EAT RIGHT Challenge I control everything I eat (only healthy) and I do my best not to put any chemical additives into my body.  I had to figure out how to still have our date night out, without the going out to eat part and figure out an alternative for the bad movie snacks!  

Date Night Eating Out - My Healthy Solution: Our weather is absolutely beautiful today, in fact it is supposed to be 80 degrees at 6:00 tonight.  Instead of going to a restaurant I have decided to pack a healthy picnic dinner and take a cute little picnic basket and blanket for a picnic in the park.  I am making tuna sandwiches with celery and onion bits mixed in for flavor on whole grain bread.  We will have some raw veggies on the side for crunch and then fresh sliced pineapple for a light dessert.  Then we will go to the movies.  I wanted to see Nicholas Sparks new movie "The Lucky One".  We both have read the book and loved it, so hopefully the movie will be good too!  I decided to pack/stash us a few snacks in my purse.  I am taking some raw almonds and a Ziploc bag filled with Organic Honey Nut Oats (the honey makes them a sweet crunchy snack).  Add a bottle of water to drink and we are set :)    

It's pretty easy to think of healthy alternatives, I just hope my taste buds and brain will cooperate when we walk into the movie theater and smell all that popcorn popping!!!  It will smell amazing... and once again I will have to tell myself "NO"... It's not good for me!  and remind myself that I can do this and that I will do this.  I want to eat healthy and be healthy and that is much more important than the taste of junk!

I've heard it said that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.  I don't think it's about what size we are... but rather "Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels"!  But don't get me wrong, I imagine skinny would feel pretty good too (hehe)... I'm just not there yet.  Maybe someday :)

Until next time,
Healthy eating!

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment