Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wow... Challenge Day 17 Already

I am so happy to say I have made it to day 17 and am still holding strong.  I do occasionally still have cravings for things I can not have.  Just last night I so wanted some chocolate chip ice cream.  I was just driving down the street past a Baskin Robbins all of a sudden I was saying to my husband, "oh my gosh, chocolate chip ice cream sounds so good right now".  Then I immediately followed it with saying, "but, I can't... I want to but I can't".  And the good news is, I didn't!!!  I haven't had anything chocolate the entire 17 days, which for me is definitely some kind of record!  Okay, so enough talking about foods I can't have.  I do better if I just don't think about them!

As for what I have been eating... I eat allot of fruit and vegetables.  I eat organic whole grain oatmeal or raisin bran each morning.  Lunches usually include avocado in some form.  I eat it either in a sandwich on whole grain bread or on a spinach salad with other veggies too.  I keep a bowl of fresh fruit on the kitchen island at all times so whenever I want a snack I just grab a piece of fruit.  I eat a handful of raw almonds each day.  Dinner is usually either chicken or fish with veggies either steamed or grilled.  I am learning different ways to prepare my meats and veggies to give us some variety.  The food choices are pretty basic right now.  I hope to get a little more creative with spices, but I'm still learning what works and what doesn't.

For those of you that are doing this challenge along with me, continue to stay strong and keep eating healthy whole foods...  It is not always easy, but I know that if I can do this, so can you!

Until next time,

Diana  

1 comment:

  1. That is great, way to be dedicated! Follow my blog, and I am following yours! I have some healthy recipes on my blog you should try!

    http://www.thegirlinthewildwest.com/

    ReplyDelete